Friday, July 17, 2009

Memory lane (again)

I've officially beaten my record for most posts in a year! The previous record was 34, in 2006. 2006 was my the last year of my first blogging phase, and since it's been a while, I decided to go take a look at what Every Colour was like back then.

2006 was a weird combination of enthusiasm and discouragement (is that even a word? It doesn't feel like one today). On one hand, I was getting better at writing thoughtful things (mostly about the Myst series*). On the other hand, you could tell the novelty of having a blog was wearing off fast (there were lots of posts that started/ended, "I know, I know, I haven't written much. Must write more!"). 2006 was also when I started making lots of lists...like the fan-made Ages I loved to find, and internet "adoptables". What can I say? I like lists.

I think my main problem was (and still is) thinking of something to say. You don't really know what will make a good post and what won't. Plus, since I didn't have any commenters back then, I didn't feel encouraged to write anything because I felt like it didn't matter (like talking to an empty room). Plusx2, I ran out of ideas after my fan Age list was done. However, near the end of the year you can see the blog picking up a bit...not much, but it was the start of hope. (Ironically, the last post before my second blogging phase ended with "must post more! Gah!").
And here we are, three years later. I'd say I've gotten better. I ramble more, but that's what blogging is about, isn't it? ;)

*Speaking of which, I'm planning to write a post about that soon. [Narrator voice] Watch this space.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Cool! Congrats!

Val said...

Ah..., old times of Myst games :-)