Monday, August 10, 2009

100 words

I was looking at this list of "150 things to do when you're bored" and one of the things was, "write a story in 100 words". Sooo...I tried it. This micro-story is based on a plotline that was floating around in my head. This is the most minimalistic version of what I was imagining, and I might expand it (maybe for NaNoWriMo?), but I thought I'd post it here first.

If you could dream about anything you want, every night, what would you pick? My mom said we didn’t always have this choice, and that we shouldn’t really have that choice. I wonder why?

Last night I decided to have a dream about being a goldfish. I couldn’t see past my bowl: just these weird blurs moving around. I wonder if that’s how my goldfish sees.

Books you read in your dreams are the most amazing books ever. Shame you can’t remember them.

I think I know what Mom meant last year. With perfect dreams, we forget to live real life.


...And that's it. Feel free to interpret, or whatever. Leave a comment! Maybe I'll post more about this story if I get feedback.

4 comments:

Val said...

Awesome, haiku-style story. I love minimalistic creative work (writing, photography, painting, anything really :-)

Andi said...

I love it! It's lyrical and poetic.

Dorothy said...

It is very poetic! And like Val said, haiku-ish.
It's really cool, deep but not that annoying sort of trying-to-hard deep if that makes any sense. xD

Runs With Scissors said...

That is really cool, I love how paired down it was but it still got the complete story across.