Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday: blogging and hair

I was just looking over the comments in my previous post. Thanks for giving me your thoughts, guys...I'm always interested to read them. I actually got inspired to write in my blog more, inspired enough to try something I've been wanting to do for a while: a post-every-day-for-a-week challenge! What am I going to talk about during that time? I have no idea, but hopefully I'll come up with something. I've been wanting to try this for a while, just to see how long I could pull it off. I'll try for a week, and maybe I'll extend it if I feel like it. So...might as well start now! (If anyone wants to take part, feel free.)
So...here's one thing that's on my mind right now. Does anyone watch video blogs (or "vlogs") on YouTube? I do, sometimes. It's interesting that in some ways it's really similar to blogging, but it's also quite different. It seems like if you want a successful vlog, you have to know what you're saying in each entry. Rambling is just kind of boring to watch. In blogging, there's more wiggle-room in terms of how much you want to talk. Or maybe what sounds like rambling in a video sounds more structured in a blog post. *shrug*
Also, I'm getting a haircut today (don't worry, this isn't going to be a rant about the style). It's going to be "medium" in terms of length, and I haven't had hair like that since I was six. Actually, when I was six and decided to grow it I claimed I would never have short hair again. Heh, things change. Well, this is supposed to be the age when you try things! I might go even shorter if I like it a lot. Ok, you probably didn't want to read about that. Oh well!
Well, that's about it. Tune in tomorrow, when I talk about...other random things!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I think I'm going to try that too!
I did it (well, pretty much) for my trip to Toronto, so hopefully I'll manage it here too.

Dan said...

Ooh, ooh, I'll join!