Sunday, May 03, 2009

Hathaway House

Hey, sorry I haven't written in a while. It's not because I can't think of anything to post (that's usually what happens)...I've just been lazy. I have a bunch of things to write, and I promised myself I would write them this weekend. So...here we go. I'll just split the things into several posts because then it looks more productive. :)
First off, I wanted to say that my friends and I are putting on a play, called Haunting of Hathaway House. I can't remember who it's by....*grabs script*...ok, it's by John Murray, apparently. I haven't heard of it before we put it on, but I'm not really a script person (as you might've guessed from my "Script Frenzy" post), so that's not saying much. Our play is actually part of 3 one-act plays. I like the idea of a bunch of short plays, rather than one long play, if only because more people get to take part.
Hathaway House is sort of a ghost story, but it's not very typical for one. It's more about the atmosphere than the story, and the 3 scenes don't really connect all that much...well, they do, but not as much as one would think. It's pretty creepy, too...that's always a plus in my book!
I've been in two plays before, but it feels like the last one was ages ago...I've really missed it, so I was super excited when I was invited to take part. I love acting (although I don't know if I'd want to do it professionally). For me it's very much about making friends and having fun as well as the actual production. So...yay!
Wow, this post sounded so much better in my head...oh well, it's not horrible and it kind of makes sense. That's always good.

No comments: