Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Script Frenzy

Spring is here! Finally!! The snow is melting and it's warm and other such awesomeness.
Anyway, moving to the topic at hand:

So, back in November I did NaNoWriMo, a challenge to write a novel (at least 50,000 words) in a month. I thought it was crazy, but fun (and I succeeded, as did many of my friends!). Really awesome...check out the website.
Now fast forward to April...Script Frenzy (AKA Screnzy). This time you have to write a script in a month (at least 100 pages). I'm not that familiar with writing scripts, but I figured, oh well...might as well give it a try. I'm good at writing dialogue in my novels, and I don't like descriptions...so this should be fun. Right?
Let's just say it goes fast when it goes well, but when you're on page 10 and already tired of your idea it...doesn't go well.
I think I might just give up on the whole thing and write a novel instead.
I hope I don't sound depressed or anything...I'm actually kind of relieved, and excited about starting a new book.
And, who knows, I might suddenly decide that I love my script. It's happened before. :)

No comments: