Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Friendship bracelets

I've been making friendship bracelets on and off since I was six or seven. My last phase was about a year ago, but recently I was looking at one of my bracelet books ("Friendship Bracelets" by Camilla Gryski) and found myself doing them again. By the way, for those that don't know what they are, friendship bracelets are knotted bracelets made from embroidery floss or craft thread. Like this:



Anyway, my problem right now is that I've done all the designs in my books! I've been redoing lots, but they're pretty easy. So I went searching on the internet, and found several cool sites with lots of patterns (most of which are kinda hard, but I'll get there). I've also ordered several new bracelet books and am eagerly waiting for them.
So I was thinking I'd post some of my bracelets here. Maybe not right now, but at some point. What do you think, my faithful readers? (No, seriously...comment please!)
Ok, now to post about Script Frenzy...

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Those are awesome! I wish I could do that. I've gotten back into them, so maybe I will eventually.

Val said...

Neat patterns! They look very artsy :-)

Nicole said...

Dorothy: It's really just a matter of concentration and practice...keep trying!