Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Summer, games, and Walden

It's a nice day today. It kinda makes me miss summer. I mean, I like winter and all (I like to downhill ski and skate), but I would like it to be summer soon. This might be because I've been making plans about what I'm going to do this summer.
So. What else?
Well, I haven't posted in three years, so I might as well say what I've been doing.
I still really miss the Myst series, but I'm more into action-type games now. Especially platformers and the like. I watch "Let's Plays" on Youtube, and I wonder if maybe I should give it a try.
I'm reading a book right now called Walden (by Henry David Thoreau) for this book club. I didn't know it was a classic...maybe it's more popular down in the U.S. For those who don't know what it is, it's about Thoreau himself when he goes to live in a cottage in the woods. It's about nature, and his philosophies in life.
Anyway, Thoreau and I aren't getting along very much...he seems a little judgmental to me (like, "we should all live like THIS and everyone who doesn't is WRONG.") but I do agree with some of what he says (it's still relevant today even though he wrote in the nineteenth century! Maybe that's why it's still around), and his descriptions of nature are really cool. I'll tell you my full impression after I've actually finished it.
Ok, that's it for now. I'm going to go reread my old posts now...maybe I'll post on that later. Bye! =)

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

You're in a book club?
Online or in person?

Nicole said...

In person. It's a Lyceum thing. =)