Monday, February 16, 2009

My epic quest for the perfect bookshelf pic

Ok, so a little while ago my friend Dorothy from A Brick Short of a Load (link in my sidebar) posted a picture of her laptop skin:




(I actually found that picture off the web...you can see a close-up of it if you go to Dorothy's blog)
I think it's the most awesome laptop skin ever, and I think it really fits her personality. So that got me thinking, "So what would be the perfect bookshelf pic for me?"
And thus began my quest.
Last night I started by searching "bookshelf" on Google Images. Better to start vague, I guess? That gave me a lot of photos of (surprise!) people's bookshelves. They were very average bookshelves, though, and not very characteristic of anybody (unless you start reading the titles, but that wasn't what I was looking for).
So I decided I need to figure out what kind of picture I wanted anyway. Well, I wanted something like the above pic, but maybe a little neater (to fit my personality), but preferably kind of surreal. So I searched "surreal bookshelf". Ok, that was better... there were some cool ones...but it still wasn't quite what I needed.
"Fantasy bookshelf", perhaps?
Nope, no luck. Mainly just fantasy books.
Maybe something a bit more vague? "Magic bookshelf"?
Nope.
That's where I gave up for the moment. Maybe I will spread my search to a photo website like Flickr. Maybe you people that know me can help me out?
Thank you for listening to my ranting, and I'll post if I find something interesting.

2 comments:

Lilac said...

It is an epic quest! I tried it myself - couldn't find anything interesting. Good luck! Keep us updated.

P.S. (whisper: library, liibraary...)

Dorothy said...

LOL! Glad you like it! May your epic quest yield fruitful results...or something like that.