Friday, February 03, 2012

The bangle that was so awesome that it warranted a seperate post (and not because I'm too lazy to take photos or anything)

January 28 – Day twenty:



Look familiar? It’s the cable from day twelve! Day twenty’s project was to furiously sew it onto its bangle, and deliver it to my friend on the same day. Not a super new technique, since I can make cables now and I’ve sewn knitting before…buuuut…I’ve never sewn a knitted cable onto a bangle, so there!



I’m really happy with how it turned out. I was afraid I’d made it too narrow (the cable caused it to pull in. Guess what, guys? Cables are ribbing! Except they pull in even more!), but it stretched perfectly over the bangle.




I was sad to give it away! Now I need to make some more bangles.

The pattern I used, by the way, is the awesome Swatch Bangle.

Sorry for the short post today. I'm trying to post every day so I can catch up, but I always start writing posts too late. Hopefully I'll be caught up in the next few days!

No comments: