Tuesday, September 29, 2009

100 posts and a first sentence

Two things today.
One, I've reached 100 posts! Thanks so much to everyone for reading, and for sticking with me while I try to figure out this whole blogging thing. Here's hoping I reach 100 more! :)

Two, as you know I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. I have no ideas what my novel (or "NaNovel"...just made that up) will be about. And while some people have outlines, or character ideas, or just vague plots, I have a first sentence: "It happened the day I got sick. Figures." It just popped into my head today. Now...I just have to figure out who's talking, what happened, and how I can turn that into a novel. By November. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Congratulations! *raises vitamin water in honour of 100*

And actually, that's usually how my stories/NaNos start, with a sentence. This year is pretty well the only time I've actually had ideas and character sketches ahead of time.
Best of luck!