Monday, February 20, 2006

Ages

Today I decided that I'm definitely not a journal person ("journal" including blogs). However, I think you already figured that out.
I made a new notebook escape the room game today. There are two rooms in it, making it the largest notebook escape game I've made so far...except for maybe the Arcade Escape one.
Maybe I should start making escape the room games on the computer based on these notebook ones. That would be cool.
I'm really starting to miss Myst. That's rather strange, because I have gone for a long time without Myst games. I guess now that I know there won't be any more I miss them. Well, at least Cyan is still making games. And there are lots of fan-Ages.
Speaking of which, I have been meaning to post some links to various fan-Ages at some point. I have some free time and desire now, so I might as well post some now!
Here are four:

http://members.aol.com/kirb9701/library.html

This one links to two Ages: Nightglow and Greenstone. There isn't a whole lot to do but there are is a great description and cool drawings of the islands. Definitely worth a look!

http://web.interware.hu/frenzy/myages/

When I first came to this Age there was just a desert, but now you can go to several Ages. When My Ages gets some sound, puzzles, and more Ages then I will officially call it a game. For now it's a fan-Age with really good graphics!

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/7077/reefage.html?200519

The Reef Age is another Age you can wander around in. Lots of stuff to explore here! The graphics are ok, but the Age itself is pretty cool.

http://expage.com/0ceanic

The Oceanic Age is what I call a PYOPA, a Pick Your Own Path Adventure. In other words, a choose your own adventure game. There isn't a lot of exploring, but it's nice all the same. There is a journal that seems to hint at something bigger intended for this Age.

That's all for now, but tune in next time, when Nicole will post links to some of the better-known Ages that all Age Explorers will need to visit!

No comments: